A little something I made the other day because I was craving a hearty breakfast… Came out delicious!
– two to three pieces of bread
– one whole egg (or two egg whites, up to you)
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– two pinches of nutmeg
– 1 tablespoon each of Torani Sugarfree Vanilla and Almond. (optional). Love these SF syrups in coffee and cooking.
– half scoop About Time whey protein in birthday cake flavor. You can use whatever protein powder you have as substitute.
– 2 tbsp water
– your favorite French toast toppings, I like reduced sugar Aunt Jamima syrup and spray butter.
– spray cooking oil and a frying pan or griddle
In a bowl, mix up everything except the bread.
Preheat your pan or griddle on medium heat, spraying the cooking surface with spray oil.
Dip the bread on both sides in the egg solution so it soaks up nicely and place onto the cooking surface. Flip after 2-3 minutes or golden brown. Repeat for all bread slices.
Remove from the heat once both sides are golden brown and serve hot with your favorite toppings.