On my way to work every morning I walk past a little boutique with ‘la vie en rose’ scrawled in huge pink script across the window – and it makes me smile. Why not look at life through rose-colored glasses? So what if x amount of people have an easier/better/more amazing/_(insert adjective)_ life than you. Thousands more would only be so lucky to live the life you lead. And just remember, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Photo credit: Tai Yuni
A few tips to keep yourself going when things are tough:
1. SMILE – it sounds so simple yet we don’t do it enough. Too much stress, no time, etc. are all just excuses. Don’t take life so seriously or you’ll only end up hurting yourself.
Photo credit: picturesdepot.com
2. MAKE A LIST – of everything and everyone you are grateful for. It helps. When you think you have nothing you realize just how much you really do have – it’s that handful of people who are there for you that make it all worthwhile.
3. DON’T SETTLE – If you’ve made your goals, stick to them. Two things that my dear and very accomplished friend Natalie Minh once said to me whenever I felt overwhelmed are: “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time,” and “there are no problems, only solutions.”
4. LIFE IS A JOURNEY – Stop insisting you’ll “be happy when” you get promoted / meet the love of your life / get that villa you always wanted / whatever it may be. BE HAPPY NOW. Life is short and there is no point in waiting around for ‘one day’. Live it up!
This video puts it so perfectly…
Video credit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5xCGZuvhWI
Does the person create the journey or does the journey create the person? You decide.
About Tai Yuni
I am here to introduce you to tips and tricks on living the ultimate gyp-set lifestyle. I have been globetrotting since day one – and not always with sufficient means to do so – but international travel and living in different countries is my passion. And if a little luxury is thrown in there, all the better. – Tai Yuni
Photo credit: Jamie Carpi
- Regular blogger on wealthmonitorblog.com. Wealthmonitor is a division of theMergermarket Group and the Financial Times Group.
- Guest blogger on Fit Lifestyle Mag “The Five Top Places to Be This Winter – Luxury Hotspots” and “Thinking of Places to go this Summer? Escape to Provence.”
- Traveler Voice Getaways Nominee
- Member of Travel Blog Exchange.