Recipe by: Craig Moultrie
- 400g of Lean Beef Brisket (fat cut off)
- 250g of mushrooms
- 1 garlic bulb
- Mixed Italian dry herbs
- Balsamic vinegar dressing
- 1 kcal olive oil spray
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C, 450 degrees F or gas mark 8, trim the excess fat off from around the brisket, remove half the garlic gloves and place the brisket on top of them in a roasting tray.
2. Place the tray into the oven and turn down the heat to 120 degrees C, 250 degrees F Gas mark 4 and roast for 30 mins.
3. Half the mushrooms and place in a bowl with the mixed herbs, spray with 6-8 sprays of the 1 kcal oil, season with salt and pepper and mix together.
4. Take the brisket out of the oven and place the mushrooms in the same tray and bake for 15- 20 mins, mean while wrap the brisket in tin foil and allow to rest for the same time.
5. Take the mushrooms out of the oven, remove them from the tray, place them on a plate, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and return back to the oven, making sure the oven is turned off.
6. Now pour all the resting juices from the brisket into the roasting tray, squeeze all the roasted garlic cloves out of there skins and place the tray on the hop and start heating, gently. The mushrooms should have given off a bit of moisture, use this to de-glaze the tray to make the garlic jus. Heat until thick enough.( add some more water if needed to de-glaze or add a small amount of cornflour to thicken).
7. Now slice the beef, take the mushrooms out of the oven and serve.
Total Kcal’s: 800 – Protein: 70g – Carbs: 20g – Fat: 15g