1. Can you tell us something about yourself and what you do?
My name is Kelly Nash, I am a mother to a 14 year old boy. I love being active and training outside. I compete in triathlons , having done Ironman this past year in Phx in 12:26. I am a lover of the water and give private SUP ( stand up paddle board lessons) , I am the owner of B3 SUP fitness , I used to own a yoga studio which I just sold.
2. Are you a full time fitness professional?Do you have another profession aside from being a fitness professional? How are you able to balance fitness with your career?Are you a family mother? How are you able to manage?
I am a part time Fitness professional, half my time goes to my family and the other half to my career . I manage all of my training for my own personal needs starting early in the morning at home. By the time my son needs to leave for school, I get in any private lessons during the day while he is at school and I’m at home by the time he gets home from school. My son comes first.
3. How did you start training and what was your turning point?
I started triathlon training when I was 30. I wanted to do something that wasn’t just running anymore. Triathlon is great because I am constantly doing something different. Never getting bored.
4. What motivates you to do fitness?
My son motivates me to stay healthy and strong. I wanted to show him that anyone can do what they put their minds too and at the age of 35 I did ironman and placed top 30 and did a fitness competition and placed 3rd. As long as you are motivated and willing it can be done .
5. Do you compete for fitness? or do you have plans of competing in the future?
Yes, I compete for fitness this past march I placed 3rd in masters in bikini and I plan on competing again in the next year.
6. Do you have brands or business related to fitness? or do you see yourself having projects related to fitness?
I do not have brands yet, but I hope to brand my B3 SUP fitness ( badass Betty’s on boards) and expand it.
7. What training routines do you do to be able to maintain your physique?
My training varies but a typical week is this:
Mon/Wed/Fri – run or trail run
Tues/Thurs – bike and or swim
Sat – Long bike
Sunday – Off
I also fit in an hour of weights on Mon/Wed /Fri, and yoga when I feel stiff and paddle boarding 1-2 days a week as well
8. What supplements do you take?
I take multivitamins and Vit C, D. I do a B12 shot once a week and fish oil pills every night.
9. What is your typical diet?
My typical diet are egg whites and berries and or some oat meal for break fast, kale salad with chicken for lunch, almonds to snack on and fish, chicken and every now and again red meat for dinner with a salad and lots of fresh organic veggies. Organic everything if possible.
10. What does your training regimen look like?
Training is usually done around triathlon training or fitness training. They are both so different so it depends which competition I do next and it’s what I train around.
11. How does your discipline as a fitness professional influence your life as a whole?
Having the fitness discipline make my life what it is. I feel healthy and full of energy because of my training and also seem to eat so much better when I train
12. What made you attend the FMI Conference? What are your top 3 take aways?
I attended FMI to branch out and meet new people. I wanted to photograph with different photographers I haven’t photographed with before. The topic on building a brand was very interesting to me and so was building your website. I learned a lot and really enjoyed the FMI experience.
13. How would you like to be known in the fitness industry?
I would like to be know in the fitness industry as the gal who always has a smile on her face, who is knowledgeable in what she teaches. Someone who is positive and uplifting. I want people to come away from my classes leaving with new information and having a positive experience
14. Where can we find you on the internet?
You can find me on Facebook. My page is B3 SUP fitness. My web page is in the process of being built. Please feel free to like the page and join us in the community of SUP’ing 🙂