1. Tell us about yourself (where you live, education, job, background…)
I came to the US when I was 2 years old, from Latvia a former Republic of Russia, currently I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I graduated from Temple University with a degree in English Literature. I am a certified Balanced Body Instructor. I am also a Gold Executive in Zija International.
2. Can you tell about your weight loss success story? How would you describe your health condition before you changed your lifestyle?
I have lost a total of 21lbs since I started my weight loss program. I’ve always maintained a healthy lifestyle and always worked out I just had to change it up a bit I also started working out with a trainer 3x a week.
3. What was your motivation? Can you share how much you’ve lost?
My motivation was the Fitness America show, I really wanted to get up on that stage and look my best . This was my first show, I’ve wanted to do one for years, and I thought okay, now is the time to set a goal and just go for it. I lost 18 lbs for the show and kept it off, and now I’m down even more and preparing for the next show.
4. How have you done it? What was your secret?
I began training everyday and did 2 a days, including cardio 2x a day everyday. I also made some changes in my diet, eating 6-7 small meals a day, taking the time to prepare my food and have my cooler with me everywhere I went.
5. When did you make the decision to compete in Fitness Competitions? What was your motivation that drew you to the stage?
I made the decision to compete in Fitness America 6 weeks before the show. I knew that the Fitness America show is a really fun show because I had a friend that was a competitor and attended some of her shows and she would always ask me to compete with her. My first show was this past November, Fitness America and I placed in the Top 10 and came in 6th place overall in the Bikini Tall Class.
6. You recently competed in Fitness America Bikini Class. Can you tell us about your experience? What was it like stepping on stage the first time?
Competing for the first time, I was very nervous and excited at the same time, I wanted to fit in among the other girls. And stepping on that stage for the first time I was extremely nervous however once I got out there I felt so comfortable, and confident and just had fun with it.
7. How different are your diet & training routines now from when you first started with fitness?
I know my body much better now and what works and what doesn’t for me.
8. Do you take any supplements? If so, what are they and what are their benefits?
I do take a supplement, I take the Zija SmartMix in which the main ingredient is Moringa Oleifera with cell-ready nutrients, antioxidants, minerals, omegas, and proteins.
9. Are you planning to compete again this year? What have you learned you need to improve that will help you prepare for the next show?
I am competing April 7. I learned a lot just by watching the other competitors on stage, especially the walk and posing I definetely will be much improved.
10. You are an Independent Distributor of Zija. For those who don’t know much about it, can you tell us about the company and how it got started?
The company was started in 2006 to help people live more healthy which was sparked by the passion for tree called Moringa. The company developed earth friendly products using Moringa.
11. How many Zija products are there and what are their benefits?
There are various products from nutritional, energy, weight management and skin care.
12. Do you have any advice for others who would like to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle?
I think being consistent in your diet and exercise program is key and just being active weather it’s going to the gym or just going for a walk with the dog. Getting out to do something daily is important.
13. What’s next for you? What are your future goals in the fitness industry?
My next show is a few weeks if I place in the top 5 I will be competeing the following weekend to go pro. I’d like to continue comepteing and fitness modeling.
14. Where can we find you on the Internet?