1. Can you tell us about yourself?
I was born and raised in Michigan. I have always been part tomboy and part girly girl. I grew up dancing and playing sports. I attended college in MI and graduated with a degree in Marketing and Communications. I moved to LA about 2 years ago and have been pursuing modeling ever since.
2. How did you get started with modeling?
I got started in modeling after I took some pictures with an amazing photographer (James Creighton) and I was absolutely hooked! Being a dancer my whole life, I have always been a bit of a ham in front of the camera.
3. You are trained in dances such as ballet, jazz, tap and hip hop. Have you thought about becoming an instructor in this field?
I have, however, I have always loved being a student. Dance is ever evolving and always challenges you in new ways – it is my true passion and I will never not be dancing, even when I am old and gray, ha ha.
4. Have you competed in dance competitions in the past?
Yes I have competed in competitions most of my life.
5. How do you stay in shape? Can you describe your typical daily diet?
I stay in shape b/c I simply cannot sit still. I also eat really clean and healthy. Lots of salads, raw veggies and fruit. I splurge every now and then, but stick to a pretty strict diet most of the time and drink TONS of water.
6. Do you exercise at home or a gym? What type of exercises do you include in your routine?
I work out at gym. My workouts include both weights and cardio, dance (mostly hip hop), and I even took burlesque classes as well as a pole dancing class. So much fun! I try to get to barre class at least once a week…. I also LOVE the outdoors, so I go hiking on the weekends. Back when I lived in MI you could find me skiing or snowboarding. Like I said – I can’t sit still. I’ve always been very active.
7. You volunteer to help save stray animals during your free time. What organization are you involved in and how did you get started doing volunteer work?
I have always loved animals since I was little. I am currently involved with The Gentle Barn. They rescue, rehabilitate and offer sanctuary to abused animals. They also have programs for at risk children that teach them to how care for the animals as well as to have compassion for all living things.
8. You are part of the upcoming shows MTV’s Fantasy Factory and NBC Up All Night: Luke’s Girl. Can you tell us what they are about and what your roles are in these shows?
My time on Up All Night was an awesome experience. I play Luke’s (Steven Pasquale) girlfriend in the episode. It was the first time I have ever kissed on camera. I was super nervous, but of course Steven was the consummate professional and totally put me at ease. We had to do so many takes my lips were chapped the next day, haha! For MTV’s Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory I played a bikini model in their “Livin’ It” episode.
9. What else would you like our readers to know about you?
My Favorite Quote: “It’s impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.”
10. What’s next for you? What are your future goals in the modeling industry?
I am one of those individuals who always has a ton of goals/dreams, and I write them down and refer to them often. I have always wanted to be in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, so that’s definitely on my vision board/goal list.
11. Any shout outs?
I’d definitely like to thank my cousin, Divini Rae. She is a HUGE supporter of mine as well as my career advisor/manager. Everyone in my family is a big supporter of my dreams – they have always been my rock, and I love them so much and am grateful to each and every one of them.
12. Where can we find you on the internet?
My website is currently being built, however it should be up and running soon! I am on Twitter and FB @ambersoleilla and http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002986398359