If you follow female fitness athletes, you’ll see that glutes, hamstrings, legs are pretty much at the top of the list for the hardest area to get into condition. It’s no wonder why – estrogen makes us hold extra fat in our breasts and hips area, therefore we have to be extra diligent to get the backside tight and cellulite free.
After scouring the internet, I’d like to share with the best workouts that I’ve found so far. Being an Asian female, I can’t say that I was blessed with a donkilicious backside so I do glute workouts 3x/week right now to get things where they should be. Thanks to the fitness athletes to keep inspiring and sharing their programs to help others.
Okay, you asked for a leg workout. My friend Joanna and I did a pretty intense leg workout yesterday. Here is the breakdown…
* Remember, I’m only sharing the weight that I do to give you an idea of the intensity in which I train, NOT to suggest you try it! This routine has supersets with some lighter weights to really fatigue the muscles.
- Seated leg curl (warm up with 60 lbs just until pumped) 3 sets of 10 at 85 lbs.
- Super set barbell step-ups with single leg barbell deadlifts – 15 step-ups followed by 10 deadlifts on each side, perform 3 sets
- Deep smith machine squats (shoulder width), 50 lbs – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Smith machine glute raises on bench, 50 lbs – 3 sets of 15 reps (perform ab crunches during rest)
- Super set leg extension with walking lunges – 55 lbs on extensions and 40 lbs barbell for walking lunges, perform 10 reps on extension and then 10 lunges down the floor and 10 back (3 sets)
- Calf raises on leg press machine – 3 sets of 12 at 110 lbs.
Next up is IFBB Pro Fitness Athlete Trish Warren and her feature hardcore glute video with FitnessRX for Women. This video is my new challenge for the month. I dare you to try this workout and walk straight for a week after (click the screen capture to see the video)