- The best models are actors because if an image is posed, then it looks fake and is a throwaway image. Imagine yourself as an actor/actress, seducing the camera with your eyes, lips, body expressions. Be extremely confident as it’s the one thing that cannot be photoshopped.
- Girls: Try to create S-shaped curves with your body as much as possible, think T+A all the way. You have to over exaggerate on camera so stick it out, SUCK IT IN
- Guys: Pics look good when you have a strong jaw line and look intense/masculine. To create this look, bit down with your rear molars so that the jaw muscle pops out, very slightly frown in pics to look stronger.
- Slightly squinting with the eyes gives intensity and emotion to images.
- Look away from the camera, off the shoulders of the photographer but don’t turn the head too far to either side
- Chin slightly up conveys easy confidence and looks great on camera
- Mouth slightly open makes the model look mysterious, but not too open. End up looking like those Myspace girls HAHA
- Create angles with your arms and legs. Shift weight from hip to hip to also create angles. Really contort your body to make the image interesting.
- Hands near mouth or head draws the viewer to your face, often interesting
- Each time the shutter chicks, change a little something about the picture, be it your expression, head position, body shape. Don’t be frozen with the same expression!
- Attitude Primer: Fashion is F-You, Glamour is F-Me, Commericial is JCPenney catalog. So, take on the required atttitude when modeling.
More in Modeling
Interview with a Fitness Model, Pilot, and a Passionate Diva: Amy Taylor
Amy Taylor was born in Pennsylvania (her father taught at Penn State); she grew up around research and academia, which was a wonderfully...June 8, 2017
CASTING! Women in NY Tri-State only
Project Better Than Ever for Marie Claire, Redbook, Oz, and ELLE are casting amazing women in the NY and TRI-state area only!...January 4, 2017
Interview with Donald James: A Fitness Model and CEO of Anabolic Animal
onald James had the pleasure of living in California his whole life, and don’t have plans to leave anytime soon. Donald was born in San...December 2, 2014
Interview with a Celebrity Fitness Personality, Trainer and Nutrition Coach – Rachel Elizabeth Murray
Rachel Elizabeth Murray was born in Tulsa, the firstborn of four to her parents, who are still together and madly in love...November 11, 2014
Interview with a Chek Holistic Lifestyle Coach, Fitness Instructor, Author and a IFBB Bikini Pro – Nicole Moneer
Can you briefly tell us about yourself (where you were born, how it was like growing up, profession, education, where you...September 12, 2014
Interview With An Inspiring Fitness Model, Certified Trainer & Yoga Instructor, Triathlete – Dempsey Marks
empsey Marks was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She went to Chatsworth Hills Academy followed by Chaminade College prep schools....September 10, 2014
Interview with Creator of FOCUS and Personal Trainer – William Lockley
William Lockley, all his life he was big so this is who he thought he was supposed to be. As a child, all he wanted to do...September 9, 2014
Interview with Fitness Model and Owner of KimmerlePlan.com – David Kimmerle
avid Kimmerle had been given many excuses in his life to be less than and for a long time, he used them. Then...September 8, 2014
Co-Owner of Workout Anywhere and Personal Trainer – Jessica Rundle
essica Rundle was born in Texas, but grew up and lived in Spokane, Washington most of her life. She stayed local...August 5, 2014