Today’s dinner consisted of 3 slices of protein bread (my creation based on 9-grain flour and 4 big scoops of casein protein) and 4 egg whites seasoned with oregano, ground chipotle pepper, garlic, and ketchup (tastes kind of like a pizza).
I go through a ton of eggs and at times feel bad for chucking all of the yolks so today I decided to make something special for when I’m off diet:
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons minced shallot or onion
* 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 egg yolks
* 1/2 cup hot melted butter or margarine
1. Combine the vinegar, shallots, tarragon, garlic salt, and pepper in a small saucepan. Boil over medium-high heat until the liquid is boiling. Remove from heat.
2. Have the egg yolks beaten lightly in a cup and ready to roll.
3. Stirring the whole time, pour the melted butter into the mixture. Next, slowly beat in the egg yolks. The mixture will thicken and turn a pale yellow color.
Since I can’t really have any while on diet, I let it cool, spooned it into a plastic sandwich bag, and stored in my freezer. Otherwise, if you are normal you can serve this on salmon, steak, etc. Delish!