I’ve blogged about women’s diet/exercise a bit in the past since it’s easy to speak for myself. It’s fantastic when I receive feedback from others on how my recipes or programs have inspired them to improve their health.
Over the last few years of competing in physique shows around the world, I’ve been fortunate to connect to with some of the top fitness athletes in the industry, men and women alike. So, I’m going to take this opportunity to try to help out the guys out there who are interested in understanding how the best male physiques in the world get to where they are at. These fitness idols are experts in their field and have written many articles, hosted training camps, conferences, etc all on the topic of getting into the best shape of your life.
On the Agenda: Rob Riches, Simon Howard, Obi Obadike, Kendall Wood
First I’ll start with a dear friend of mine, Rob “Hollywood” Riches, whom I like to call ABZILLA.
His Competition Creds:
Out of the 18 Bodybuilding and Fitness shows that he’s competed in, he’s won 8 of them, and placed 2nd in 6 of them. The rest he have never placed lower than 4th.
- British Natural Bodybuilding Federation (BNBF) Central Qualifier, Novice. 1st Place. 2005 (My first ever competition)
- British Natural Bodybuilding Federation (BNBF) Central Qualifier, Middleweight. 1st Place. 2006
- Natural Physiques Association (NPA) Heart of England Championships, Middleweight. 1st Place. 2006
- Musclemania, Fitness Britain. Junior Lightweight. 1st Place. 2006
- Musclemania World Finals, Junior Lightweight, 1st Place
- America’s Fittest Model. Howard Flaks ‘Best Body’ award. 2008
- FAME East Championships, Montreal. Pro Fitness Model. 2008
- FAME East Championships, Montreal. Pro Muscle Model. 2008
- FAME World Championships, Toronto. 2nd in the World as Pro Muscle Model. 2008
He blogs about his training and diet for the upcoming WBFF World Championships in Toronto here: http://robriches.blogspot.com/
If you need live feed action on the man himself, subscribe to him at http://www.twitter.com/robriches
Bodybuilding.com, the largest fitness community, features him with a regular spot: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rob_riches.htm
And lastly, his personal website: http://www.robriches.com/
Next up is Simon Howard, whom I first met last year at the FAME European Championships. He’s an LA Muscle sponsored athlete excelling in a number of sports, with credentials including being a former British Karate Champion and competitive bodybuilder. Simon has also played rugby at county level and won regional powerlifting competitions. With his combination of looks and physique Simon is now pursuing modelling full time.
He wrote a nutrition article which also touches on training: http://www.lamuscle.com/magazine/article/Simon_Howard_supplement_trial
His blog: http://blog.simonhoward.net/
His website: http://www.simonhoward.net/
Obi Obadike. I first met him when we were competing at the 2008 FAME World Championships in Toronto and then later at the FAME North Americans. He is a former top Division I collegiate sprinter at Cal State Fullerton. was the school record holder in the 100 and 200 meters, 4&100 meter relay and a Two-time All Big West Conference honors. In addition to his competitive background, he has landed multiple fitness covers, international supplement ad campaigns for Dymatize Nutrition. His ads have been featured in magazines such as Fitness RX For Men, Men’s Journal, Flex, Muscle Mag, Inside Cover of Reps, Muscular Development, (back cover of Exercise and Health), (Inside Cover of Reps), Muscle and Fitness and other fitness/bodybuilding magazines across the world.
Obi’s detailed article with Australian Bodybuilding to learn more about him and his approach to keeping a tight physique: http://australian-bodybuilding.com/2009/06/interview-top-international-fitness-model-obi-obadike/
His personal website: http://www.obiobadike.com/
Kendall Wood. This guy has star power written on him from head to toe. Competed with him at the 2008 FAME World Championships and had the pleasure to hang out some more at the FAME North Americans where he was an emcee.
His fitness accomplishments:
- Cover Model- Maximum Fitness June Issue
- WNSO’s FAME 2008 Pro Fitness Model World Champion
- WBFF 2nd Place World Championships
- WNSO’s FAME 2007 North American Fitness Model Champion
- WNSO’s FAME 2007 North American Muscle Model Champion
- WNSO’s FAME 2007 National Fitness Model Champion
- WNSO’s FAME 2006 North American Open Fitness Model Champion
- 2006 Mr. Olympia Hardbody’s Final 15 Model Search Contestant
He’s got an 11 part video exercise series on how to burn fat: http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_1901_do-fat-burning-exercises.html
His website: http://www.fitnesschampionships.com/