I went to the Midi market this morning and picked up some incredible deals on fresh produce. The downside is that all of this food has to be cooked/eaten almost immediately since they are at their maturity. So what to do with a palette of raspberries….. hmmm! I’m thinking clafoutis!
Clafoutis is a french country dessert dish that can also be eaten for breakfast. I modified the recipe to be more suitable for a person on a diet. Here goes:
Diet Raspberry Clafoutis
– 6 egg whites
– 3 scoops vanilla protein powder (I had plain casien PP on hand so I used 2 scps vanilla/1 scp casien)
– 2/3 cup water
– 1 tsp baking soda or baking powder
– 10 packets artificial sweetener
– 3 packets of raspberries
– 1/2 cup oat flour or regular dry oats + food processor
– siicone round baking dish or a nonstick baking round pie dish + nonstick spray
– 1 tbsp almond powder (optional)
Preheat oven to 300F or 170c. In the food processor, mix together everything but the raspberries. Once the oats are pulverized and the mixture is smooth, pour into the silicone baking pan or sprayed nonstick baking pan. Drop the raspberries into the batter in an even fashion. Put in oven for 30-40 min. You can test if the middle is done by sticking a fork in the middle and check if it comes out clean.